Fitger's is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The brewery's industrial smokestack and water tower now carry the Fitger's name and star logo as regional landmarks. Duluth's first brewery was started by Sidney Luce in 1857. Luce built his brewery a block and a half from our present site, and utilized a small, clear brook which later was known as Brewery Creek. His brewery grew, and in 1881 Michael Fink purchased the brewery. Fink built a new, larger brewery on the present Fitger's site. Fink's Lake Superior Brewery soon hired a new brewmaster, a young German named August Fitger who graduated from one of Germany's premier brewing schools. Within the year, August Fitger owned half of the brewery. Then, in 1884, Percy Anneke bought into the brewery and became Fitger's partner. The brewery was renamed the A. Fitger & Co. / Lake Superior Brewery.
A poster print is created using a professional laser printer on heavy, cover stock paper. The quality of the print and of the paper vary. Colors are placed on the paper with dots.
An artist's proof is matte photographic proof produced by a professional printer. Colors are continuous and have no dots.